As The Steam Evaporates, A New WeGame Emerges
Today we are excited to publicly announce Ignition, our digital distribution platform for games. In conjunction with our launch of Ignition, we are also happy to offer exclusive beta keys to the upcoming and highly anticipated MMO from Trion Worlds: RIFT. Continue reading below for all the details!
What is Ignition?
Ignition is a digital game distribution platform we have built on top of the existing WeGame experience. With Ignition, you can now download or instantly play hundreds of games from our top-tier game partners – for free. Our initial catalog of games includes both downloadable and browser-based games.
The WeGame client automatically manages the download, installation, and launching of our downloadable games for you, so all you need to worry about is playing! You can access our browser-based games from both the WeGame client and the WeGame site. We recommened playing the browser games through the WeGame client so you also get access to the newly added video recording and screenshot support we added for browser games.
How do I get access to Ignition?
Existing WeGame users will be invited to the Ignition beta in groups. You will receive an e-mail from us informing you that your account has been upgraded. Once upgraded to the beta, all Ignition features will be available to you instantly in the WeGame client and site without any steps required on your end. We hope to roll out Ignition to all WeGame users very soon.
New users joining from sites who have been given WeGame beta invite codes will be able to use the codes to instantly join the WeGame beta. Note: These keys are one-time use only and are limited in quantity.
RIFT Beta Key Program
We are excited to be able to offer exclusive RIFT beta keys to all users who are in our beta for Ignition. Existing WeGame users have been selected to beta test Ignition will be receiving e-mails on how they can claim their beta key. New users joining the WeGame Ignition beta using special invite keys given out to the press will receive their beta key immediately after signing up. The RIFT beta keys will give you access to one of the beta weekends that Trion Worlds will be holding this month. For more details, please visit: http://www.riftgame.com/beta
In addition to the standard RIFT beta keys we are giving out, we have a handful of VIP RIFT beta keys that we will be giving out daily from today to December 18th. Every day, we will be giving out three (3) VIP RIFT beta keys, one to a random user who fits one of the criteria below:
- Existing WeGame beta user
- New WeGame beta user who joined that day
- Randomly selected user on Twitter who tweets the following message: “I want to join the #riftbeta on #wegame! http://bit.ly/wgriftbeta”
Which games can I get on Ignition?
Below is a list of our initial launch partners and the games they are making available to WeGame users. For a complete list, check out our Games page, or download the WeGame client.
- Over 250+ popular Flash games like The Last Stand, Bloons, Puzzle Farter, and more.
- Browser games: Dark Orbit, Sea Fight, Deepolis, War of Titans.
- Perfect World
- Downloadable MMO: Perfect World International
- Downloadable MMOs: ACE Online, Mission Against Terror
- World’s first Unity based browser FPS: UberStrike
What else is new?
- Video recording + screenshot support for browser games
- We have extended our core video recording + screenshot features to support any browser game that is played in the WeGame client. To try it out, just launch the WeGame client and start playing one of the games offered. You will see a toolbar above the game that will let you control the recording and screenshot functions.
- Brand new Welcome/Signup flow for new users
- We updated our welcome/signup flow for new users to make it even more user friendly and to allow new users to easily link their WeGame account with their Facebook, Twitter, Xbox Live, PSN, and Wii identities.
- Integration with Xbox LIVE, PSN, Wii (coming soon)
- As mentioned above, you can now link your WeGame account to various console platforms like Xbox Live, PSN, and Wii. In the near future, WeGame will automatically track and publish your activity, stats, and more from your console.
We hope you enjoy the latest evolution of the WeGame platform. Moving into 2011, expect us to aggressively expand our game catalog to include games of all genres, including AAA core titles you may find on store shelves.
If you have any questions, comments, or technical problems, please chime in on our Forums.
If you are a publisher or game developer interested in getting your game in front of WeGame’s 1.7 million users, please e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org.